Things That Business Owners Need To Keep In Mind While Posting On Instagram
Instagram is a handy social media platform on which you can post engaging photos and videos apart from other interactive content. Since it is such a versatile platform, almost every celebrity uses the platform to share bits and bobs about their lives.
In an older post we talked about “Tips to Grow your Business on Instagram”. Taking it a step further, here are some things that must be kept in mind while posting on Instagram. To make the most out of your Instagram account, these tips can be of great help for businesses.
- Since Links don’t work in the post description, it is better to not add it unless you have placed it in your bio. If you have been trying to redirect your traffic from your profile to the website and it’s not working, this is probably the reason. The best way is to place the link in the bio. This way, everyone would be able to view it and visit it, even if they haven’t seen the post. Instagram posts also aren’t the right place to advertise. You can do it in your Instagram story and later add a “Swipe Up” Link so that viewers can visit the site. This way, your brand can get much-needed exposure.
- In order to have a color palette or a theme for your profile and to keep your profile looking neat, you can use third-party apps which allow you to edit the photos and add the required background color, pattern or design. You can even take it a step further by adding posts with quotes, to either side of your main post.
- Keep the content of your posts consistent. Make sure that the focus of every post is on your brand. Additionally, make sure you have a business account to get the most exposure. Also, keep the posts simple and engaging. Even if it is a picture, simply showcasing what your product can do, ensure to add props to make the image pop out. It is crucial to keep the focus on your product while incorporating things here and there.
- Make sure to keep your audience engaged by posting relevant stories. You can even host contests and giveaways. Such social media promotions bring a lot of traffic to your page and can potentially result in conversions. An amazing way to interact with users is by asking them a question at the end of the post description. This way, you will be flooded with comments and your post would also show up on the feed of popular posts.
- Respond to comments of your followers. Furthermore, you can even go ahead and follow accounts which post similar content. This way, you will not only be able to communicate with a community of similar individuals, but you will also have their support at any given point of time. Instagram is solely about connecting with people online and this will definitely give your brand the boost it needs.
- Another great way to promote your Instagram page is by embedding it on your website or blog. By doing this, viewers will be able to see the latest photos that you have posted on your Instagram account.