How To Monetize My Twitter Profile
There are many ways to make money online, but not all are the same. With Twitter, however, there are more opportunities than ever to generate some extra income.
For that, all you need is some creativity and good ideas.
Here are some ideas that will help you clear all the doubts about how to make money with Twitter:
- Affiliate marketing on Twitter.
- Promote a sweepstakes on Twitter.
- Sell products.
1.- Affiliate marketing on Twitter
One of the ways to learn how to make money with Twitter is affiliate marketing.
Affiliate marketing is a method of monetization that is based on promoting other people’s products using their own tweets.
You get a percentage of the sales made from your tweets.
The most important part of successfully leveraging your Twitter account for affiliate marketing is having the right product to promote.
Relevance and revenue are at this point. Consider what your account is about or what topics it deals with above all. Does what you’re going to publish fit with the type of content on your social network?
If so, from here on you can start choosing which brands and products to promote. A word of advice: don’t abuse this practice. If you do, you will end up running away from the real purpose of your account and you will cease to be interesting for your audience.
Remember that your followers do not follow you because of your affiliate marketing ads but because of what you tell them.
Don’t disappoint them and always publish useful information. Find products that are useful to them.
The goal of your tweets is to make people buy. But remember that making money with Twitter through affiliate marketing is based solely on sending clicks to the brand’s website.
This is where the power of your personal recommendations come into play. If your audience sees that you’re posting content about a particular product on your tweets, you’re more likely to gain in veracity if it’s a product you usually talk about.
2.- Promote a sweepstakes on Twitter
Another way to help you know how to make money with Twitter is this: you can do contests for brands.
If you already have a considerable number of followers, a good way to take advantage of it and earn money with Twitter is to become a contest ambassador.
Many of the brands are often looking for more exposure to boost sales or promotions of the moment.
Depending on how many followers you have, you may be the one to guide that contest.
The first step is to agree on the objective of the contest. Do you want to generate direct sales from it, or simply the objective is to collect subscriptions for your email lists? These objectives will help you decide on the type of contest you want to do. Here are some ideas for contest types:
- Sweepstakes. These are perfect for directing traffic to a specific brand page.
- Retweet and track the account. It’s a good choice if the brand is looking to increase its reach to new followers.
- Question and answer contests. In this case, simply ask your followers to perform a task and choose the best among the answers.
- Hashtag contests. This type of contest is excellent not only for boosting engagement, but also for generating new ideas for the brand.
- The prizes you give away are also important considerations. Offer something that encourages people to join and help generate greater engagement with participating users. The award must be relevant to the business but also to the users. For example, fashion often offers discount codes or exclusive promotions for users to participate. This type of gift is very popular with users.
Running the contest
Another way to make money with Twitter is to run the contest. Once you’ve planned and prepared the contest, it’s time to start moving it. Here are some tips to help you run your contest:
- Include images or any visual element that helps attract the attention of users: it could be an image of the product or an infograph of the mechanics of the contest.
- Be clear about terms and conditions. Avoid confusion by clarifying key aspects of the contest. The more details, the better. Therefore, make it clear from the outset what the terms and conditions are.
You need a clear call to action: mention the main prizes you offer in the call to action to motivate users even more to join.
- Announce the winners as soon as possible. The announcement should preferably be made a few days after the end of the contest. The announcement date must be clearly indicated in the mechanics of the contest.
- Measuring the results of the contest is important. This, after all, will determine the percentage of money you get. The metrics you choose will depend on the goals you set for the contest. Once you have evaluated the results, prepare a detailed report of the brand and the contest you have conducted.
3.- Sell products
Surely if you have asked in your environment how to earn money on Twitter they will have told you that selling products. And it’s true because it’s an option. The most common way to monetize Twitter is by selling products directly.
To create an effective tweet for sale you must prepare a perfect tweet. Simply writing about your products is not enough for people to click.
You need to have a good call to action for people to be encouraged to buy.
It is also not advisable to abuse and be constantly selling products. You have to combine it with another kind of strategy. There are many ways to create a good strategy.
For example, combining your products as part of a special offer will help increase sales. Or, you can simply write related content without driving sales so directly.
The Power of Sponsored Tweets
There are already many celebrities who opted in their day to use the method of sponsored tweets.
Now it is also the influencers who have joined this way of earning money. Sending tweets promoting products from sponsors can generate large revenues.
Sponsored tweets allow brands to access a Twitter user’s followers to reach new customers. By giving businesses access to your Twitter feed, users are compensated for each ad they accept.
All users have to do is write a tweet based on some simple guidelines proposed by the advertiser’s brand.
Companies choose the Twitter followers they like based on a variety of factors, including how many followers they have and how much influence they have over those followers.