How to monetize an Instagram profile (Part I)
How to monetize an Instagram profile is a question that both marketers, influencers and app fans may have at some point.
And luckily, any of them can earn money with this platform if they learn the basics to do so.
The Kardashians earn between $250,000 and $500,000 for a single sponsored post on Instagram.
The best bloggers charge between $5,000 and $35,000 for a collaboration. What are you waiting for to learn how to monetize an Instagram profile and start generating your own income?
Keys to know how to monetize an Instagram profile
- Start building a solid community of followers.
- Share quality images.
- The ads will help you generate income.
- Instagram hashtags stories and location stories.
- Links are vital.
- Instagram Shopping.
- Influencer marketing and sponsored publications.
- For this, you will need a professional page.
One of the mistakes made by many users when learning how to monetize an Instagram profile is to believe that from one day to the next income will be obtained.
This thought leads many to the dark side and bad practices. Among them, the purchase of followers.
You see, there is a tendency to believe that the more followers have a profile in Instagram, the better it will be and the more money they will be able to get.
But the real importance is not in that simple number. The real power of an account is that it has a strong community that interacts with the brand.
And all this is not achieved by buying likes or followers.
You have to start from the premise that gathering information and data first hand will bring you closer to achieving the objectives proposed in your strategies.
This is something that is proven, especially in email marketing, where real impacts are achieved based on databases themselves.
So, what makes you think that buying followers and likes for Instagram will make you earn money? The purchase of information, as with all types of strategies, runs the risk of attracting false data. In other words, you run the risk of your account being full of bots.
And that way not only will you not be able to monetize your profile. You will lose all your reputation as soon as your real followers are aware of your maneuvers. That’s what makes you lose more points.
1. Start building a solid community of followers
If you want to know how to monetize an Instagram profile, start at the beginning. By creating a quality community that really allows you to create engagement with your content.
There are many tricks to gain followers organically. And also, to get them to be of quality. You can start by applying the following:
- Use all your communication channels to give visibility to your Instagram profile. To start, take advantage of the relationship you already have with your customers via email marketing to comment that they follow you on Instagram. Maybe many of them don’t know that you have a profile. In addition, you can also take advantage of your other networks and communication channels to give visibility to your profile.
- Use hashtags to increase your followers. According to a Simply Measure study, publications with at least one hashtag get 12.6% more interactions than those without.
- The like for like and the follow for follow can work. But only if you use them with accounts in your sector. A good idea is that you search among the followers of your competition and look at the users who have given like to their publications. After all, if they like what your competition has and does, they will have to like what you offer. This way you can start giving likes to those profiles. Simply to make yourself known and capture the attention of those users.
2. Share quality images
Despite the new features and functionalities of the app, Instagram has always been the star photographer’s app.
That’s why all the content you share must be of quality. In fact, learning how to monetize an Instagram profile depends largely on the quality of your content.
Nothing will attract your potential customers or monetize your account more than attractive and interesting content.
Show your community what your brand is all about. What you do, what your products are, what your story is, etc., in a creative way. The photos are the soul of this platform and if you want to stand out from the rest you must worry about the quality of the images. These are the 3 important points:
- Device to take the photo: camera or mobile.
For this, there are many photography applications that can help you.
3. The ads will help you generate income
Discovering how to monetize an Instagram profile and achieve it is easier if you control the creation of ads.
The average Instagram CPC is around 0.05 and 0.15 cents. This means that creating ads on this social network is cheaper than you could have imagined. Above all, if you compare it with Google AdSense, LinkedIn Ads, Facebook Ads or Twitter Ads.
In addition, something that will make it easier for you to make your brand a success on Instagram is always providing feedback, a response.
Keep a close relationship with your followers, answer their questions and issues and convey a close and friendly brand image. This way you will be able to reinforce engagement and it will be easier to monetize your profile.
You can continue reading at: How to monetize an Instagram profile (Part II)